Water Supply Systems - Online Design Application
Free online tool for designing water supply systems in buildings.
This application can be used to design Water Supply Systems.
How to Use
- Make a sketch of your system - something similar to the default sketch below. Custom drawings can be linked to the application - any global (http://..) or local (file://..) url should work
- Tag the sections and add them to the hierarchical application structure below (modify or reset the default system)
- Add input data - flow, preliminary dimensions, lengths, elevations, minor coefficients and so on for each section
- Modify the dimensions to achieve reasonable values for velocities and pressure losses
- Save the data file to your computer/network
- dimensions, copper, pvc, pe
- minor loss coefficients, viscosity, density, roughness
- Water Systems - Hot and cold water service systems - design properties, capacities, sizing and more.
- ASTM B88 - Seamless Copper Water Tubes - Dimensions - Water and gas copper tubes according ASTM B88 - type K, L and M - imperial units.
- ASTM D1785 and ASTM F441 - PVC and CPVC Pipes Schedule 40 & 80 - Standard dimensions and weight of PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride - and CPVC - Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride.
- ASTM D2846 - CPVC Plastic Hot and Cold Water Distribution Tubes - Dimensions - Dimensions of CTS - Copper Tube Sized CPVC (Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride) tubes.
- ASTM D3035 - Polyethylene PE pipes - dimensions - Dimensions of PE pipes based on controlled outside diameter.
- ASTM F876 - PEX Tube - Dimensions - Dimensions of PEX tubes.
- BS 2871 Copper Tubes Table X, Y and Z - Working Pressures vs. Size - Working pressures of metric sized copper tubes according the BS (British Standard) 2871.
- BS 7291 - Thermoplastics Pipes for Hot and Cold Water - Dimensions - Dimensions of thermoplastic pipes - PEX and PB according BS 7291.
- Cold Water Dwelling Storage Capacity - Required cold water dwelling storage capacity - commonly used fixtures and types of buildings.
- Cold Water Storage per Occupant - Cold water storage for occupants in common types of buildings as factories, hospitals, houses and more
- Copper Tubes - Maximum Water Velocities - Water velocity in a copper tube should not exceed certain limits to avoid erosion.
- Copper Tubes - Pressure Loss in Fittings and Valves Expressed as Equivalent Length of Tube - Copper tube fittings and equivalent lengths - in feets of straight tube.
- Copper Tubes - Pressure Loss vs. Water Flow - Water flow and pressure loss (psi/ft) due to friction in copper tubes ASTM B88 Types K, L and M.
- Copper Tubes Type K - Dimensions and Physical Characteristics - Physical characteristics of copper tubes ASTM B 88 type K.
- CPVC Pipes - Hanger Spacing - Maximum distance between CPVC pipe supports.
- Design of Hot Water Heating Systems - Calculate gravity and forced circulating hot water heating systems.
- Domestic Hot Water Heaters - Sizing - Domestic Hot-Water sizing equations - heating capacity, recovery rate and power supply.
- Domestic Hot Water Service Systems - Design Procedures - Design procedures for domestic hot water service systems.
- Domestic Service Water Supply Systems - Introduction to general design of domestic service water supply systems - with pressurized or gravity tanks.
- Domestic Water Supply - Lime Deposits - Lime deposited vs. temperature and water consumption.
- EN 12201 - Polyethylene (PE) Pipes for Water Supply, and for Drainage and Sewerage under Pressure - Dimensions - Dimensions of PE pipes according EN 12201.
- EN 1452 - Unplasticized Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC-U) - Dimensions - Dimensions of PVC-U pipe according EN 1452.
- Farm Livestock - Water Consumption - Farming and animals required water supply.
- Fittings and Minor Pressure Loss - Minor pressure loss with fittings in piping heating systems.
- Hazen-Williams Friction Loss Equation - calculating Head Loss in Water Pipes - Friction head loss (ftH2O per 100 ft pipe) in water pipes can be estimated with the empirical Hazen-Williams equation.
- Hose - Water Discharge Volume Flow vs. Pressure - Water discharge through hoses - pressure ranging 10 - 200 psi (0.75 - 14 bar).
- Hoses - Pressure Loss vs. Water Flow - Pressure loss in hoses due to water flow and friction.
- Hot and Cold Water Pipe Sizing - Recommended dimensions hot and cold water pipes.
- Hot Water Consumption per Occupant - Consumption of hot water per person or occupant.
- Hot Water Storage Tanks - Capacities vs. Dimensions - Dimensions and capacities of hot-water storage tanks.
- Hot Water Supply - Fixture Consumption - Design hot water consumption of fixtures - basins, showers, sinks and baths.
- Hot Water Supply - Flow Rates to Fixtures - Hot water consumption of some common equipment as basins, sinks, baths and showers.
- Impurities in Water Supply Systems - Typiclal limits for impurities in drinking water.
- ISO 4427 - PE Pipes for Water Supply - Dimensions - Polyethylene pipe dimensions according European Standards.
- Legionella - The Legionella Pneumophila bacterium thrives in water supply systems and air conditioning systems - and may cause the Legionnairs disease.
- PE (PolyEthylene) Pipes - PN Pressure Grades - Polyethylene - PE - pipes and pressure classes.
- PE (PolyEthylene) Pipes - Pressure Loss vs. Water Flow - Water flow in SDR pressure rated PE-pipes - pressure loss and velocities - Imperial and SI units.
- PE (PolyEthylene) Pipes - Pressure Ratings vs. Size - Water pressure ratings for schedule 40 and schedule 80 Polyethylene plastic pipes
- PE (PolyEthylene) Pipes - Pressure vs. Temperature Ratings - Polyethylene pipe temperature and maximum operating pressure.
- PE Water Supply Pipes - Properties - Nominal pipe size, outside diameter, wall thickness, weight and working pressure.
- PE, PEH and PVC Pipes - Pressure Loss vs. Water Flow Diagram - Pressure loss (bar/100 m) and velocy in PE, PEH or PVC pipes with water flow.
- Pipes and Equipment - Identification Labels - Tags and label colors used for mechanical, plumbing and piping systems.
- Plastic Pipes - Maximum Operating Temperatures - Piping materials like ABS, PE, PVC, CPVC, PB, PP and SR and pressure and operating temperature limits.
- Plumbing Codes - Plumbing or sanitation codes are a set of rules and regulations imposed by cities, counties or states.
- PVC Pipes - Pressure Ratings vs. Size - Maximum operating and required burst pressure of PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride - pipe fittings.
- PVC Pipes Schedule 40 - Friction Loss vs. Water Flow Diagrams - Friction loss (psi/100 ft) and velocity for water flow in plastic PVC pipe schedule 40.
- Water - Human Activity and Consumption - Activity and average water consumption
- Water Distribution Pipes - Materials - Materials used in water distribution pipes.
- Water Flow in Tubes and Reynolds Number - Reynolds number for clean cold water flow.
- Water Service Pipe Lines - Water service pipe lines extends from the potable water source to the interior of buildings.
- Water Supply - Calculating Demand - Calculating expected demand for water supply service lines.
- Water Supply - Cross-Contamination Control - It is fundamental to keep the potable water in the water supply systems uncontaminated.
- Water Supply Fixture Units - WSFU vs. GPM and Liters/sec - Converting WSFU - Water Supply Fixture Units - to GPM.
- Water Supply Fixture Units WSFU - WSFU is used to calculate water supply service systems.
- Water Supply Lines - Sizing - Sizing water supply service and distribution lines based on Water Supply Fixture Units (WSFU).
- Water Supply Pipe Lines - Sizing - Sizing of water supply pipe lines.
- Water Supply Public Buildings - Required water supply to public buildings.
- Water Supply vs. Fixture Water Requirements - Supply requirements for common fixtures.
- Water Systems - Maximum Flow Velocities - Water velocities in pipes and tubes should not exceed certain limits.
- Yard Fixtures - Water Consumption - Water consumption in garden fixtures.