Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Required cold water dwelling storage capacity - commonly used fixtures and types of buildings.
The table below indicates 24 hours storage requirements related to commonly used fittings.
Cold Water Dwellings - Storage Capacities vs. Fixtures
|Type of Fixture||Storage Capacity per Fitting|
|Basin ||90 ||23 |
|Bath ||900 ||207 |
|Garden watering tap ||180 ||47 |
|Shower ||140 - 230 ||36 - 60 |
|Sink ||90 - 180 ||23 - 47 |
|Urinal ||110 ||29 |
|WC ||180 ||47 |
The table below indicates 24 hours storage requirements related to different types of buildings.
Cold Water Dwellings - Storage Capacities vs. Type of Building
|Type of Building||Storage per Person|
|Hostels ||90 ||23 |
|Hotels ||135 ||35 |
|Offices with canteens ||45 ||12 |
|Offices without canteens ||40 ||10 |
|Restaurants, per meal ||7 ||2 |
|Boarding School ||90 ||23 |
- check CIBSE Guide G (2004) Public Health Engineering
A water storage in a domestic dwelling should have a capacity of at least 200 - 300 liters.
- Hot and cold water service systems - design properties, capacities, sizing and more.
- Cold water storage for occupants in common types of buildings as factories, hospitals, houses and more
- DFU are used to calculate the drainage flow from fixtures and the required capacities of sewer service systems.
- Introduction to general design of domestic service water supply systems - with pressurized or gravity tanks.
- Supply requirements for common fixtures.
- Converting WSFU - Water Supply Fixture Units - to GPM.
- WSFU is used to calculate water supply service systems.
- Sizing water supply service and distribution lines based on Water Supply Fixture Units (WSFU).
- Sizing of water supply pipe lines.
- Free online tool for designing water supply systems in buildings.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2003). Cold Water Dwellings - Storage Capacities. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fittings-water-storage-d_85.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.