Convert between units of area.
This calculator can used to convert between commonly used area units.
- Basics - The SI-system, unit converters, physical constants, drawing scales and more.
- Area Survey App - Online app that can be used to make an exact plot of a surveyed area - like a room, a property or any 2D shape.
- Centroids of Plane Areas - The controid of square, rectangle, circle, semi-circle and right-angled triangle.
- Circles - Circumferences and Areas - Circumferences and areas of circles with diameters in inches.
- Circles within a Rectangle - Calculator - Calculate the maximum number of circles within a rectangle - can be used to calculate the numbers of pipes or wires in a conduit or similar.
- CM - Circular Mil Area - The circular mil area (CM) unit denotes the cross-sectional size of a wire or a cable.
- Elementary Surfaces - Ellipsoid, sphere, hyperboloid, cone and more.
- Equal Areas - Circles vs. Squares - Radius and side lengths of equal areas, circles and squares.
- Evaporation from a Water Surface - Evaporation of water from a water surface - like a swimming pool or an open tank - depends on water temperature, air temperature, air humidity and air velocity above the water surface - online calculator.
- Geometric Shapes - Areas - Areas, diagonals and more - of geometric figures like rectangles, triangles, trapezoids ..
- Hydraulic Cylinder Area vs. Diameter - Typical hydraulic cylinders and acting area vs. cylinder diameter.
- Mapping Scale vs. Length and Area - Convert between mapping scales.
- Pipe Equations - Calculate cross-sectional areas, weight of empty pipes, weight of pipes filled with water, inside and outside surface areas.
- Pipe Formulas - Pipe and Tube Equations - moment of inertia, section modulus, traverse metal area, external pipe surface and traverse internal area - imperial units
- Smaller Circles within a Larger Circle - Calculator - Calculate the number of small circles that fits into an outer larger circle - ex. how many pipes or wires fits in a larger pipe or conduit.
- Solids - Volumes and Surfaces - The volume and surface of solids like rectangular prism, cylinders, pyramids, cones and spheres - online calculator.
- Water Sprinkler - Protection Area vs. Classification - Maximum fire sprinkler protection area vs. classification and construction.