Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Cold water storage for occupants in common types of buildings as factories, hospitals, houses and more
Typical cold water storage per occupant:
Cold Water Storage per Occupant
|Type of building||Storage|
|Factories (no process) ||10 ||2 |
|Hospitals, per bed ||135 ||30 |
|Hospitals, per staff on duty ||45 ||10 |
|Hostels ||90 ||20 |
|Hotels ||135 ||30 |
|Houses and flats ||135 ||30 |
|Offices with canteens ||45 ||10 |
|Offices without canteen ||35 ||8 |
|Restaurant per meal ||7 ||1.5 |
|Schools, boarding ||90 ||20 |
|Schools, day ||30 ||7 |
- Hot and cold water service systems - design properties, capacities, sizing and more.
- Required cold water dwelling storage capacity - commonly used fixtures and types of buildings.
- DFU are used to calculate the drainage flow from fixtures and the required capacities of sewer service systems.
- Design procedures for domestic hot water service systems.
- Introduction to general design of domestic service water supply systems - with pressurized or gravity tanks.
- Recommended dimensions hot and cold water pipes.
- Supply requirements for common fixtures.
- Converting WSFU - Water Supply Fixture Units - to GPM.
- WSFU is used to calculate water supply service systems.
- Sizing water supply service and distribution lines based on Water Supply Fixture Units (WSFU).
- Free online tool for designing water supply systems in buildings.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2003). Cold Water Storage per Occupant. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/cold-water-person-d_86.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.