Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Thermal and thermodynamic properties of ice like density, thermal conductivity and specific heat at temperatures from 0 to -100 oC.
- Densities of solids, liquids and gases. Definitions and convertion calculators.
- Climate, meteorology, sun, wind and environmental related engineering resources.
- Material properties of gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more.
- Freezing mixtures, cooling agents and freezing points.
- Friction theory with calculator and friction coefficients for combinations of materials like ice, aluminum, steel, graphite and many more.
- Properties like Youngs modulus, tensile strength, compressive strength and fracture of toughness for ice.
- Safe loads vs. thickness for clear and solid ice.
- Online calculator, figures and tables with melting points of ice to water at pressures ranging from 0 to 29000 psia (0 to 2000 bara). Temperature given as °C, °F, K and °R.
- Ice coat weigth on horizontal pipe lines.
- Latent heat of fusion when changing between solid or liquid state for common materials like aluminum, ammonia, glycerin, water and more.
- Thermodynamic properties of saturated ice and steam - specific volume, enthalpy and entropy.
- Common solids - like brick, cement, glass and many more - and their specific heats - in Imperial and SI units.
- Figures and tables showing the enthalpy and entropy of liquid water as function of temperature - SI and Imperial Units.
- Figures and tables showing specific gravity of liquid water in the range of 32 to 700 °F or 0 to 370°C, using water density at four different temperatures as reference.
- Thermal properties of water at different temperatures like density, freezing temperature, boiling temperature, latent heat of melting, latent heat of evaporation, critical temperature and more.
- Enthalpy-entropy diagram for water and steam.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2004). Ice - Thermal Properties. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ice-thermal-properties-d_576.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.