Thermodynamic properties of heavy water (D2O) like density, melting temperature, boiling temperature, latent heat of fusion, latent heat of evaporation, critical temperature and more.
Heavy water (deuterium oxide, 2H2O, D2O) is a form of water that contains a larger than normal amount of the hydrogen isotope deuterium (= heavy hydrogen = 2H = D), rather than the common hydrogen-1 isotope (1H = H = protium) that makes up most of the hydrogen in normal water.
Thermodynamic properties of heavy water - D2O:
- Boiling temperature (at 101.325 kPa): 101.40 oC = 214.52 °F
- Bulk modulus elasticity(at 25°C): 2.10 x 109 Pa or N/m2
- Critical density: 0.356 g/cm3 = 0.691 slug/ft3 = 3.457 lbm/gal(US)
- Critical pressure: 213.88 atm = 220.98 bar = 21.671 MPa (MN/m2) = 3143 psi (=lbf/in2)
- Critical temperature: 370.697 oC = 699.255 °F
- Ionization constant, pKw (at 25°C): 14.951
- Latent heat of evaporation(at 101.4°C): 41.521 KJ/mol = 2073.20 kJ/kg = 891.32 Btu(IT)/lb
- Latent heat of fusion: 6.132 kJ/mol = 306.2 kJ/kg = 131.64 Btu(IT)/lb
- Maximum density (at 11.23 oC): 1105.9 kg/m3 = 2.1460 slug/ft3 = 10.74048 lbm/gal(US)
- Melting temperature (at 101.325 kPa): 3.81 oC = 38.86 °F
- Molar mass: 20.02751 g/mol
- pD (~pH) (at 25°C): 7.43
- Specific heat (Cp) water (at 20°C): 4.219 kJ/kgK = 1.008 Btu(IT)/(lbm °F) or kcal/(kg K)
- Specific weight (at 11.23 oC): 10.8452 kN/m3 = 69.0391 lbf/ft3
- Surface tension (at 25°C): 71.87 dyn/cm
- Triple point pressure: 0.00652 atm = 0.00661 bar = 661 Pa = 0.0959 psi (=lbf/in2)
- Triple point temperature: 3.82 °C = 38.88 °F
- Vapor pressure (at 25°C): 20.6 mmHg = 0.027 atm = 0.028 bar = 2750 Pa = 0.398 psi
- Viscosity (at 20°C): 1.251 cP or mPa s
See also more about atmospheric pressure, and STP - Standard Temperature and Pressure & NTP - Normal Temperature and Pressure,
as well as Thermophysical properties of: Acetone, Acetylene, Air, Ammonia, Argon, Benzene, Butane, Carbon dioxide, Carbon monoxide, Ethane, Ethanol, Ethylene, Helium, Hydrogen, Hydrogen sulfide, Methane, Methanol, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Pentane, Propane, Toluene and Water.