Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Thermal expansion of PVC, CPVC, Carbon and Stainless Steel and Fiberglass pipes.
Thermal expansion of pipes in PVC, CPVC, Fiberglass and Carbon or Stainless Steel in inches per 100 feet can be found in the diagrams and table below:
For temperature change: 1 oF = 5/9 oC
1) Note the relative huge thermal expansion of thermoplastic plastic materials - like PVC and CPVC - compared to steel.
- Thermal expansion of pipes and tubes - stainless steel, carbon steel, copper, plastics and more.
- Dimensions of PVC pipe SDR series.
- PVC drain, waste, and vent pipe dimensions.
- Dimensions of Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Sewer Pipes with belled end.
- Dimensions of CTS - Copper Tube Sized CPVC (Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride) tubes.
- Dimensions of PSM PVC sewer pipe.
- Calculate ring (or pipe) diameter expansion or contraction when temperature changes.
- Chemical resistance of CPVC - Chlorinated Poly (Vinyl Chloride) - to common chemicals and products.
- Maximum distance between CPVC pipe supports.
- Maximum operating and bursting pressures of CPVC - Chlorinated Poly (Vinyl Chloride) - piping systems.
- Volume flow and pressure loss in CTS - Copper Tube Sized CPVC (Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride) tubes.
- Dimensions of welded stainless steel tubes according EN 10312.
- Dimensions of PVC pipes according EN 1329.
- Dimensions of PVC pipes according EN 1401.
- Dimensions of PVC-U pipe according EN 1452.
- Dimensions of PVC pipes with structured walls according EN 1453.
- Commonly used standards for fiberglass pipes and their applications.
- Temperature changes introduces stress fixed pipes.
- Dimensions of thermoplastic pipes according ISO 161.
- Online linear temperature expansion calculator.
- Temperature expansion loops with pressfit piping.
- Minor loss in PVC and CPVC fittings expressed as equivalent length of straight pipe.
- Water flow in thermoplastic PVC and CPVC pipes Schedule 40 - friction loss (ft/100 ft, psi/100 ft) and flow velocities at dimensions ranging 1/2 to 16 inches.
- Assembly temperatures for shrink-fits.
- Cubical expansion coefficients for solids.
- Comparing international stainless steel standards from America (US), France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, Spain, Sweden, England (UK) and the European Union.
- Stainless steels are commonly grouped into martensitic stainless steels, ferritic stainless steels, austenitic stainless steels, duplex (ferritic-austenitic) stainless steels, and precipitation-hardening stainless steels.
- Thermal expansion of steam pipes heated from room temperature to operation temperature (mm pr. 100 m pipe).
- Calculate temperature expansion with carbon steel pipes.
- Calculating and sizing steel pipe thermal expansion loops.
- Superficial i.e area temperature expansion - online calculator.
- Expansion of steam pipes heated from room temperature to operation temperature.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2004). PVC, CPVC, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and Fiberglass Pipes - Thermal Expansion Diagrams. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/thermal-expansion-pvc-d_782.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.