Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Absolute (dynamic) viscosity for common food products.
Food Products - Absolute Viscosities
|Absolute Viscosity |
|Apple juice, 20 oBrix ||27 ||0.0021 |
|Apple juice, 60 oBrix ||27 ||0.03 |
|Corn oil ||25 ||0.0565 |
|Corn oil ||38 ||0.0317 |
|Cottonseed oil ||20 ||0.0704 |
|Cottonseed oil ||38 ||0.0306 |
|Cream 10% fat ||40 ||0.00148 |
|Cream 10% fat ||60 ||0.00107 |
|Cream 20% fat ||60 ||0.00171 |
|Cream 30% fat ||60 ||0.00289 |
|Milk, homogenized ||20 ||0.0020 |
|Milk, homogenized ||40 ||0.0015 |
|Milk, homogenized ||60 ||0.00078 |
|Milk, homogenized ||80 ||0.0006 |
|Milk, raw ||0 ||0.00344 |
|Milk, raw ||10 ||0.00264 |
|Milk, raw ||20 ||0.00199 |
|Milk, raw ||30 ||0.00149 |
|Milk, raw ||40 ||0.00123 |
|Peanut oil ||25 ||0.066 |
|Peanut oil ||38 ||0.025 |
|Safflower oil ||25 ||0.052 |
|Safflower oil ||38 ||0.029 |
|Soybean oil ||30 ||0.04 |
|Water ||20.2 ||0.001 |
- Material properties of gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more.
- Viscosities of products and chemical species at varying conditions.
- Online calculator, figures and table showing dynamic and kinematic viscosity of benzene, C6H6, at varying temperature and pressure - Imperial and SI Units.
- The content of sucrose - Brix scale vs. Specific Gravity and Plato - used in the sugar, fruit juice and wine making industry.
- Hydrodynamic losses through pumps depends on fluid viscosities.
- Convert dynamic viscosity values between units like Poiseuille - Poise - centiPoise and more.
- Energy in carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Osmotic pressure in food products.
- Common bacteria and viruses found in food.
- Thermal conductivity of selected foodstuff like apples, beef, sugar and more.
- Thermal diffusivity of some selected food products.
- Heating with microwaves.
- Pasteurization methods, time and temperatures.
- Friction loss in schedule 40 steel pipe with viscous liquids - viscosities ranging from water to oil.
- Vicosity is a fluid's resistance to flow and can be valued as dynamic (absolute) or kinematic.
- Water content before and after drying - in food and other products cork, grain, soap, peat, wood and more.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2012). Food Products - Viscosities. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/absolute-viscosity-foods-d_1827.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.