Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
The content of sucrose - Brix scale vs. Specific Gravity and Plato - used in the sugar, fruit juice and wine making industry.
The Brix Scale is used in the sugar, fruit juice and wine making industry. Degrees Brix - symbol °Bx - is the sugar content of an aqueous solution.
- One degree Brix is 1 gram of sucrose in 100 grams of solution
Content of Sucrose - Brix vs. Specific Gravity (SG)
Brix to Plato
Brix to Plato correction factor is 1.04.
1 Brix = 1.04 Plato
- Material properties of gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more.
- Liquid density with Degree Baume vs. Specific Gravity.
- Absolute (dynamic) viscosity for common food products.
- Convert between units like Plato, Brix and SG (Specific Gravity) used to measure sucrose dissolved in water.
- Dynamic viscosities of sucrose water solutions vs. temperature.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2012). Brix Scale. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/degrees-brix-d_1828.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.