Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Common bacteria and viruses found in food.
Common microorganisms found in food
- Corynebacterium, Leuconostoc - found in dairy products
- Achromobacter - found in meat, poultry, seafoods
- Bacteriodes, Proteus - found in eggs and meats
- Pseudomonas - found in meats, poultry, eggs
Common pathogenic bacteria found in food
- Clostridium botulinum
- Salmonella spp.
- Clostridium perfringens
- Botulinum spp.
- Streptococci spp.
- Lactobacillus spp.
- Shigellas spp.
- Salmonella spp.
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Staphlococcus aureus
- Escherichia coli
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Bacillus cereus
- Pseudomonas spp.
- Vibrio spp.
Common pathogenic viruses found in food
- Hepatitis A virus
Some Major Bacterial Diseases Transmitted to Humans by Food
- Campylobacter - causes Campylobacteriosis
- Listeria monocytogenes- causes Listeriosis
- Salmonella spp. - Salmonellosis
- Salmonella typhi - causes Typhoid fever
- Shigella dysenteriae - causes Dysentery
- Vibrio cholerae - causes Cholera
- Yersinia enterocolitica - causes Diarrheal disease
- Enterobacteriaceae - causes Enteric disease
Some Major Viral Diseases Transmitted to Humans by Food
- ECHO virus- causes Gastroenteritis
- HAV virus- caauses Hepatitis type A
- Norwalk agent - causes Viral diarrhea
- Rotavirus - causes Infant diarrhea
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Human physiology, air quality and comfort temperatures, activity and metabolic rates, health effects of carbon monoxide and more.
- Drying temperature and time for products like food, coffee, fruits, lumber and more.
- Energy in carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- pH in common food products - like apples, butter, wines and more.
- Specific heat of common food and foodstuff like apples, bass, beef, pork and many more.
- Bulk densities of some common food products like grain, corn, barley, sugar and more.
- Osmotic pressure in food products.
- Absolute (dynamic) viscosity for common food products.
- Practical storage life for common frozen food products.
- Optimal temperature and humidity conditions for common fruits and vegetables.
- Heating with microwaves.
- Water content before and after drying - in food and other products cork, grain, soap, peat, wood and more.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2020). Food-borne Infections and Diseases. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/food-bacteria-viruses-diseases-d_2180.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.