Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
- search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox!
Common bacteria and viruses found in food
Common microorganisms found in food
- Corynebacterium, Leuconostoc - found in dairy products
- Achromobacter - found in meat, poultry, seafoods
- Bacteriodes, Proteus - found in eggs and meats
- Pseudomonas - found in meats, poultry, eggs
Common pathogenic bacteria found in food
- Clostridium botulinum
- Salmonella spp.
- Clostridium perfringens
- Botulinum spp.
- Streptococci spp.
- Lactobacillus spp.
- Shigellas spp.
- Salmonella spp.
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Staphlococcus aureus
- Escherichia coli
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Bacillus cereus
- Pseudomonas spp.
- Vibrio spp.
Common pathogenic viruses found in food
- Hepatitis A virus
Some Major Bacterial Diseases Transmitted to Humans by Food
- Campylobacter - causes Campylobacteriosis
- Listeria monocytogenes- causes Listeriosis
- Salmonella spp. - Salmonellosis
- Salmonella typhi - causes Typhoid fever
- Shigella dysenteriae - causes Dysentery
- Vibrio cholerae - causes Cholera
- Yersinia enterocolitica - causes Diarrheal disease
- Enterobacteriaceae - causes Enteric disease
Some Major Viral Diseases Transmitted to Humans by Food
- ECHO virus- causes Gastroenteritis
- HAV virus- caauses Hepatitis type A
- Norwalk agent - causes Viral diarrhea
- Rotavirus - causes Infant diarrhea
- en: food bacteria viruses diseases
Translate this page to
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. Only emails and answers are saved in our archive. Cookies are only used in the browser to improve user experience.
Some of our calculators and applications let you save application data to your local computer. These applications will - due to browser restrictions - send data between your browser and our server. We don't save this data.
This page can be cited as
- Engineering ToolBox, (2020). Food-borne Infections and Diseases. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/food-bacteria-viruses-diseases-d_2180.html [Accessed Day Mo. Year].
Modify access date.
Scientific Online Calculator
6 25 .