Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Weight supported by a double or triple wood headers.
- Deflection and stress, moment of inertia, section modulus and technical information of beams and columns.
- Supporting loads, stress and deflections.
- Board feet is used as a volume measurement of lumber.
- Maximum reaction forces, deflections and moments - single and uniform loads.
- Carrying capacities of domestic timber floor joists - Grade C - metric units.
- Floors and minimum uniformly distributed live loads.
- Common sizing of glue-laminated timber.
- Sizing of hardwood lumber.
- Douglas Fir in horizontal roof rafters and maximum spans.
- Weights of green, kiln dried and pressure treated lumber boards.
- Grading of lumber in North America
- No. 1 and No. 2 Grade of Douglas fir and maximum span floor joists - imperial units
- Allowable withdrawal load for nail and spikes.
- Strength classes, bending stress and mean density of hardwood and softwood
- Commercial softwood lumber dimension chart - nominal and actual sizes.
- Common types of trusses.
- Wood screws - nominal sizes vs. diameters.
- Hard wood and soft wood pilot holes, shank clearance holes and countersink diameters.
- Red Spruce, Longleaf Pine and Douglas Fir - moisture content and their compressive strength.
- Bending and compression strength of wood species used in beams.
- Safe loads for wood columns.
- Soft and hardwood - the Janka Hardness scale.
- Allowable withdrawal load force.
- Densities of various wood species - apple, ash, cedar, elm and more.
- Weight of green and air-dried fire wood.
- Density, fibre stress, compressive strength and modulus of elasticity of clear wood, panel and structural timber products.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2014). Wood Headers - Max. Supported Weight. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/wood-header-weight-supported-d_1898.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.