Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Floors and minimum uniformly distributed live loads.
Minimum uniformly distributed live loads:
Floors - Live Loads
|Attics, no storage with roof slope no steeper than 3 in 12 ||10 ||479 |
|Attics, limited storage ||20 ||958 |
|Balconies ||60 ||2873 |
|Decks ||40 ||1915 |
|Fire escapes ||40 ||1915 |
|Garages, passenger cars ||50 ||2394 |
|Sleeping rooms ||30 ||1436 |
|Stairs ||40 ||1915 |
- 1 psf (lbf/ft2) = 47.88 N/m2 (Pa)
How to Calculate Load in N?
If you have the mass in kg - the load in N can be calculated as
F = m g (1)
F = load (N)
m = mass (kg)
g = gravitational acceleration (9.81 m/s2)
Example - Calculate the Load from a 800 kg Pallet
The load from a pallet with mass 800 kg can be calculated as
F = (800 kg) (9.81 m/s2)
= 7848 N
= 7.8 kN
- Deflection and stress, moment of inertia, section modulus and technical information of beams and columns.
- Stress, deflections and supporting loads.
- Supporting loads, moments and deflections.
- Supporting loads, stress and deflections.
- Estimate structures natural vibration frequency.
- Typical loads on building foundations.
- Load capacity of simply supported concrete slabs.
- Carrying capacities of domestic timber floor joists - Grade C - metric units.
- Properties of HE-A profiled steel beams.
- Douglas Fir in horizontal roof rafters and maximum spans.
- Effects of low-frequency vibrations on building constructions.
- Mass vs. weight - the Gravity Force.
- No. 1 and No. 2 Grade of Douglas fir and maximum span floor joists - imperial units
- Uniformly and concentrated floor loads
- Allowable uniform loads.
- Bending and compression strength of wood species used in beams.
- Weight supported by a double or triple wood headers.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2014). Floors - Live Loads. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/live-loads-d_1901.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.