Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Support of Drain Waste and Vent - DWV - pipes.
Both vertical and horizontal drainage pipes must be supported properly. Recommended maximum distances between the hangers are indicated in the table below.
1) For cast iron stacks, the base of each stack must be supported
- The purpose of the sanitary drainage system is to remove effluent discharged from plumbing fixtures and other equipment.
- Pressure ratings of ABS 1208, ABS 1210, ABS 1316 and ABS 2112.
- Dimensions of copper tubes ASTM B306 Drain Waste and Vent - DWV.
- Nominal pipe size, outside diameter, thickness and weight.
- Dimensions of cast iron soil pipes.
- Cleanouts provides access to the sewer for rodding.
- Recommended drain trap sizes for different types of fixtures
- Minimum pitch of horizontal drainage pipes.
- Maximum distance between PolyPropylene pipes supports.
- Maximum distance between pressfit pipe supports.
- Calculate expected volume flow load in sanitary drainage systems.
- Maximum Drainage Fixture Unit - DFU - loads in sanitary piping systems.
- Carrying capacities of sewer and wastewater pipes - gpm and liter per second.
- Maximum space between supports for PVC, CPVC, PVDF and PP pipes vs. temperature.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2008). Drain Waste and Vent Pipes - Hanger Spacing. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/drainage-pipe-supports-d_1106.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.