Viscosity at 20°C/68°F and 50°C/122°F for more than 120 crudes is shown as function of specific gravity@15°C/60°F.
The figure is based on information from more than 120 crude oil assays from BP, ExxonMobile and Statoil (2008 - 2017). The crudes are produced all over the world.
See also Crude metal (Ni, V) content as function of gravity.
- Material Properties - Material properties for gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more
- Viscosity - Documents giving viscosity of different kind of chemical species at varying conditions
- Density - Density of different solid materials, liquids and gases. Definitions and convertion calculators.
- Absolute or Dynamic Viscosity Online Converter - Convert between dynamic or absolute viscosity units - Poiseuille, Poise, centPoise and more.
- API Gravity - API expresses the gravity or density of liquid petroleum products. Online API to Specific Gravity calculator.
- Centrifugal Pumps and Influence from Viscosity - When a liquid flow through a pump, hydrodynamic losses depends on fluid viscosity
- Crude Oil - Density vs. Temperature - Variations in crude oil density are shown as function of temperatur, together with volume correction factors.
- Crude Oil Metal (Ni, V) Content vs. Gravity - Content of nickel and vanadium in more than 120 crudes as function of specific gravity@15°C/60°F.
- Crude Oil Properties - Standard test methods (ASTM and others) - An overview of common test methods and typical ranges of variation of petroleum quality parameters. What, why and how do the different test?
- Density Converter - Online density converter with commonly used units.
- Density vs. Specific Weight vs. Specific Gravity - An introduction to density, specific weight and specific gravity.
- Dynamic (Absolute) Viscosity - Converting Chart - Convert dynamic viscosity values between units like Poiseuille - Poise - centiPoise and more.
- Dynamic Viscosity Liquids - Absolute (dynamic) viscosity values for some common fluids.
- ISO Grade Oils - Viscosities and Densities - Viscosities and densities of ISO - and equivalent SAE grade oils.
- Kinematic Viscosity - Conversion Diagram - Convert between Centistokes, Saybolt and Redwood seconds.
- Kinematic Viscosity - Online Converter - Convert between kinematic viscosity units like centistokes, poise, lentor and more.
- Liquids - Kinematic Viscosities - Kinematic viscosities of some common liquids like motor oil, diesel fuel, peanut oil and many more.
- Liquids - Specific Gravities - Specific gravities for common fluids like acetone, alcohol, turpentine, oil and more.
- Oil Viscosity Converter - Convert between commonly used oil viscosity units.
- Petroleum Products - Standard Test Methods (ASTM and others) and Specifications - An overview of common test methods and specifications of petroleum fuels. What, why and how do the different test?
- Viscosity - Absolute (Dynamic) vs. Kinematic - Vicosity is a fluid's resistance to flow and can be valued as dynamic (absolute) or kinematic.
- Yield structure of crude oils with increasing density of crude - Yields of different crude oil distillation cuts are plotted as function of whole crude specific gravity. Fractions based on European and North American markets, and the typical differences in crude oil fractionation in the two markets are also shown.