Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Required thickness of concrete slabs.
- Driveways : 6 - 8 inches ( 0.15 - 0.2 m)
- Side walks, barn and granny floors : 5 - 6 inches (0.125 - 0.15 m)
- Porches, Home garage floors : 4 - 5 inches (0.1 - 0.125 m)
- Farm building floors, Home basement floors : 4 inches (0.1 m)
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Typical loads on building foundations.
- Calculating the concrete volume required for an operation.
- Water vs. cement ratio when mixing concrete.
- Estimate concrete volume required for concrete columns.
- Estimate required concrete footing volume.
- Cement, sand and gravel mixtures.
- Properties of normal strength Portland cement concrete.
- Load capacity of simply supported concrete slabs.
- Estimate required concrete volume per sq. ft.
- Estimate concrete wall volume.
- Calculate lateral earth pressure acting on basement walls.
- Concrete Masonry Unit Blocks (CMU) - dimensions.
- Reinforcing bar - European metric dimensions.
- U.S. imperial dimensions of rebar
- Weights of rebar rods - size ranging 1/4.
- Calculate required number of studs in a wall.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2009). Concrete Slabs - Required Thickness. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/thickness-concrete-slabs-d_1481.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.