Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Estimate required concrete footing volume.
Concrete is in general calculated in cubic yards - cy. Required concrete for footing can be calculated as
v = 0.0031 l w t (1)
v = required concrete - cy (cu. yards)
l = length of footing (ft)
w = width of footing (ft)
t = depth of footing (in)
- 1 cy (cubic yard) = 27 cubic feet
- 1 ft = 12 in
Concrete Volume - CY per Linear Foot of Footing
- 1 cy per linear foot (y3/ft) = 2.5 m3/m
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- American Concrete Institute.
- Typical loads on building foundations.
- Calculating the concrete volume required for an operation.
- Water vs. cement ratio when mixing concrete.
- Estimate concrete volume required for concrete columns.
- Cement, sand and gravel mixtures.
- Properties of normal strength Portland cement concrete.
- Load capacity of simply supported concrete slabs.
- Required thickness of concrete slabs.
- Estimate required concrete volume per sq. ft.
- Estimate concrete wall volume.
- Calculate lateral earth pressure acting on basement walls.
- Gravel aggregate covering area.
- Concrete Masonry Unit Blocks (CMU) - dimensions.
- Reinforcing bar - European metric dimensions.
- U.S. imperial dimensions of rebar
- Weights of rebar rods - size ranging 1/4.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Concrete Footings - Volume. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/concrete-footing-cy-d_1708.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.