Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications! Thermal conductivity - k-values - vs. temperature.
Mineral wool is made from molten glass, stone or slag that is spun into a fiber-like structure. Inorganic rock or slag are the main components (typically
98%) of stone wool. The remaining 2% organic content is generally a thermosetting resin binder (an adhesive) and a little oil.
Mineral wool thermal conductivity vs. temperature are indicated in the charts below:
Related Topics Heat transfer and heat loss from buildings and technical applications - heat transfer coefficients and insulation methods to reduce energy consumption. Related Documents Thermal conductivity of calcium silicate insulation - temperature and k-values. Thermal conductivity of fiberglass insulation - temperature and k-values. Temperature limits for commonly used insulation materials. Densities of minerals. Thermal conductivity - k-values - vs. temperature. Heat loss (W/m) from 1/2 to 6 inches insulated pipes - ranging insulation thickness 10 to 80 mm and temperature differences 20 to 180 degC. Heat loss (W/ft) diagrams for 1/2 to 6 inches insulated pipes - ranging insulation thickness 0.5 to 4 inches and temperature differences 50 to 350 degF. Recommended insulation thickness for heating systems like hot water and low, medium or high pressure steam systems. Thermal conductivity - k-values - vs. temperature. Thermal conductivity coefficients for insulation materials, aluminum, asphalt, brass, copper, steel, gases and more. Convert between thermal conductivity units - table and diagram. The ability of a material to resist flow of heat. Search
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
The Engineering ToolBox (2007). Mineral Wool Insulation. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/mineral-wool-insulation-k-values-d_815.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.