Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Gross heat and net heat values for gases like hydrogen, methane and more.
Gross heating and net heating values for some common gases can be found in the table below:
1) nm3 = normal cubic metre
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Chemical, Physical and Thermal Properties of Acetylene.
- Online calculators, figures and tables with dynamic and kinematic viscosity of liquid and gaseous butane, C4H10, at varying temperarure and pressure, SI and Imperial units.
- Chemical, physical and thermal properties of n-Butane.
- Heat of combustion (energy content) for som common substances - with examples how to calculate heat of combustion.
- Online calculator, figures and tables showing density and specific weight of ethane, C2H6, at varying temperature and pressure - Imperial and SI Units.
- Combustion heat values of some foods.
- Combustion values for fuel gases like natural gas, propane and butane - Btu per cubic feet.
- Combustion heat values for gases like acetylene, blast furnace gas, ethane, biogas and more - Gross and Net values.
- Wobbe index for fuel gases like propane, butane, methane and more.
- Flame and explosion limits for gases like propane, methane, butane, acetylene and more.
- The gross (high) and net (low) heating values.
- LNG or Liquefied Natural Gas.
- LPG or Liquefied Petroleum Gas.
- Resistance and pressure loss in liquid LPG pipes.
- Online calculator, figures and tables showing dynamic and kinematic viscosity of methane, CH4, at varying temperature and pressure - Imperial and SI Units.
- Chemical, physical and thermal properties of propane gas - C3H8.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2003). Gases - Gross and Net Heat Values. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/gross-net-heating-values-d_420.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.