Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Combustion heat values of some foods.
The calorific value of a fuel or food is the amount of heat produced with complete combustion.
Food - Calorific Combustion Values
|Food||Calorific Combustion Value |
|Butter ||30.5 |
|Cheese ||14.6 |
|Curd ||2.5 |
|Egg, yolk ||5.4 |
|Egg, white ||14.0 |
|Fish ||5.2 |
|Ghee ||37.6 |
|Meat ||12.0 |
|Milk, buffalo ||4.9 |
|Milk, cow ||2.2 |
|Potatoes ||4.0 |
|Rice ||16.7 |
|Soyabean ||18.1 |
|Sugar ||16.0 |
Normal energy consumption for a young male is about 10 MJ/day.
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Heat of combustion (energy content) for som common substances - with examples how to calculate heat of combustion.
- Net (low) and gross (high) energy content in fossil and alternative fuels.
- Combustion heat values for gases like acetylene, blast furnace gas, ethane, biogas and more - Gross and Net values.
- Combustion values in Btu/gal for fuel oils No.1 to No.6.
- Higher and lower calorific values (heating values) for fuels like coke, oil, wood, hydrogen and others.
- Gross heat and net heat values for gases like hydrogen, methane and more.
- Gross combustion values for materials like - carbon, methane, ethylene and more - values in Btu/lb.
- The gross (high) and net (low) heating values.
- Properties like heat values, air/fuel ratios, flame speed, flame temperatures, ignition temperatures, flash points and flammability limits.
- Standard grades coal heat values.
- Fuel from waste products and their heat values.
- Combustion of wood and firewood heat values for species like Pine, Elm, Hickory and more.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2022). Food - Calorific Combustion Values. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/food-calorific-combustion-values-d_2197.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.