Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
The future value of money.
Cash Flow Diagram - Loan Transaction
A loan transaction starts with a positive cash flow when the loan is received - and continuous with negative cash flows for the pay offs.
- upward arrows - positive cash flow (receiving the loan)
- downward arrows - negative cash flow (pay off)
The Present Value of the cash flows can be calculated by multiplying each cash flow with a Discount Rate.
Cash Flow Diagram - Investment Transaction
An investment transaction starts with a negative cash flow when the investment is done - and continuous with positive cash flows when receiving the pay backs.
- upward arrows - positive cash flows (pay back)
- downward arrows - negative cash flow (investing)
- Engineering economics - cash flow diagrams, present value, discount rates, internal rates of return - IRR, income taxes, inflation.
- A bid work flow template - Online with Google Docs.
- Compound interest tables - interests rates 0.25 - 60%.
- Commonly used engineering and construction contracts.
- Discrete payments compounding equations and online calculators .
- Future value of single cash flow.
- Interest rate is the cost of money.
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR) - the break-even interest rate.
- The value of a stream of payments is called the Net Present Worth (NPW).
- The value of money in the future is the Present Value.
- The ASTM E1557 UNIFORMAT II Standard.
- Improved value by enhanced function.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2008). Cash Flow Diagrams. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/cash-flow-diagrams-d_1231.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.