Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Capacities of compressed air pipelines - pressure ranging 5 - 250 psi (0.5 - 17 bar).
Applied Pressure - psi
The diagram below can be used to estimate the flow capacity in a compressed air pipeline with pressure ranging 5 - 250 psi.
- schedule 40 pipe
- for pipes ranging size 1/8" to 1/2" - pressure drop 10% of applied pressure per 100 feet of pipe
- for pipes ranging size 3/4" to 3" - pressure drop 5% of applied pressure per 100 feet of pipe
Related Mobile Apps from The Engineering ToolBox
- free apps for offline use on mobile devices.
Applied Pressure - bar
The diagram below can be used to estimate the flow capacity (normal standard air) in a compressed air pipeline with pressure ranging 0.5 - 17 bar.
Example - Capacity in Compressed Air Pipe Line
From the diagram above the capacity of a 1" pipe line at pressure 7 bar is approximately 60-70 liter/s.
- Air, LNG, LPG and other common gas properties, pipeline capacities, sizing of relief valves.
- Discharged air flow volume through hoses with pressure ranging 30 - 90 psi.
- Friction loss in air hoses vs. operating pressure.
- Compressed air supply to laboratories.
- Calculate pressure drop in compressed air pipe lines with a nomograph diagram.
- Calculate pressure drop in compressed air pipe lines - metric and imperial units.
- Air pipe lines capacities at pressure 100 psi (6.9 bar).
- Pressure drop in compressed air pipe lines.
- Fittings in compressed air pipe lines and equivalent length pressure drop.
- Pressure drop in compressed air pipelines with applied pressure 50, 100 and 150 psi.
- The ratio of compressed air pressure to free air pressure.
- Relative capacity between larger and smaller pipes.
- Pressure loss in pneumatic tubes - sizes ranging 5 - 36 mm.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2008). Compressed Air Pipe Line Capacity . [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-flow-compressed-air-pipe-line-d_1280.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.