Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Areas of regular polygons - polygons with 3 to 12 sides.
Perimeter of a Regular Polygon
P = n a (1)
P = perimeter (m, ft ..)
n = number of sides
a = length of side (m, ft, ..)
Area of a Regular Polygon
A = n a r / 2
= n r2 tan(Θ)
= n R2 sin(2 Θ) / 2 (2)
Regular Polygons - Area vs. Number of Sides
|Polygon||Number of Sides|
- n -
(m2, ft2 ..)
|Triangle, equilateral ||3 ||0.4330 a2 |
|Square ||4 ||1.0000 a2 |
|Pentagon ||5 ||1.7205 a2 |
|Hexagon ||6 ||2.5981 a2 |
|Heptagon ||7 ||3.6339 a2 |
|Octagon ||8 ||4.8284 a2 |
|Nonagon ||9 ||6.1818 a2 |
|Decagon ||10 ||7.6942 a2 |
|Undecagon ||11 ||9.3656 a2 |
|Dodecagon ||12 ||11.1961 a2 |
- Mathematical rules and laws - numbers, areas, volumes, exponents, trigonometric functions and more.
- A body and the center of gravity.
- Calculate chord lengths when dividing the circumference of a circle into an equal number of segments.
- Distances between corners for hexagons and squares.
- Calculate oblique triangles.
- Verifying square corners.
- Right angled triangle equations.
- Online vector calculator - add vectors with different magnitude and direction - like forces, velocities and more.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2014). Regular Polygons. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/regular-polygons-area-d_1872.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.