Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Simplifying calculations by involving indices.
Multiplying two or numbers with the same base
x y x z = x y+z (1)
Dividing numbers with the same base
x y / x z = x y-z (2)
(x y ) z = x y z (3)
Number with index 0
x 0 = 1 (4)
Number raised with negative number
x -y = 1 / x y (5)
1 / x -y = x y (5b)
Number raised with a fractional number
x y/z = (x y ) 1/z (6)
3 2 3 4 = 3 6
(3 2 ) 4 = 3 2 4 = 3 8
- Mathematical rules and laws - numbers, areas, volumes, exponents, trigonometric functions and more.
- Principal algebraic expressions formulas.
- Prefix names used for multiples and submultiples units.
- Law of fractions
- The rules of logarithms - log10 and loge for numbers ranging 1 to 1000.
- Calculate oblique triangles.
- An introduction to the SI metric system.
- Sine, cosine and tangent - the natural trigonometric functions.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2011). Laws of Indices. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/laws-indices-d_1800.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.