Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Fuel from waste products and their heat values.
Waste Fuel - Heat Values
|Fabric - nylon ||13200 |
|Fabric - rubber coated ||11000 |
|Fabric - vinyl coated ||8900 |
|Foam - scrap ||12300 |
|Garbage ||8480 |
|Glass tape - resin covered ||7900 |
|Paper ||7570 |
|Polyethylene - film ||19100 |
|Rags ||7650 |
|Vinyl - scrap ||11400 |
|Wood ||8610 |
- 1 Btu/lb = 2.326 kJ/kg = 0.55 kcal/kg
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Biomass fuels and their energy content.
- Heat of combustion (energy content) for som common substances - with examples how to calculate heat of combustion.
- Environmental emission of carbon dioxide CO2 when combustion fuels like coal, oil, natural gas, LPG and bio energy.
- Heating fuels and their energy content.
- Combustion heat values of some foods.
- Net (low) and gross (high) energy content in fossil and alternative fuels.
- Combustion heat values for gases like acetylene, blast furnace gas, ethane, biogas and more - Gross and Net values.
- Combustion values in Btu/gal for fuel oils No.1 to No.6.
- Higher and lower calorific values (heating values) for fuels like coke, oil, wood, hydrogen and others.
- The gross (high) and net (low) heating values.
- Combustion heat values for wet and dry wood - Btu/pounds, kJ/kg and kcal/kg.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2014). Waste Fuel - Heat Values. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/waste-heating-value-d_1911.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.