Compressed air is used for power tools, instrumentation, processing and for breathing
Required quality of compressed air is determined by use - if it is
- Power air - for tools in plants and workshops
- Instrument air - for pneumatic process control systems, laboratories, paint spraying and climate control systems
- Process air - for supply in production processes, pharmaceutical and food processes
- Breathing air - for inhaling in hospitals, diving, cleaning of breathing equipment
Power air quality is required for pneumatic tools in plant and workshops.
- Filtered separators are normally required
- Refrigerated compressed air dryers and particulate filters may be required where tools, sand blasting and pneumatic control components are used
Instrument air quality is required for pneumatic process control systems, laboratories, powder coating, paint spraying, climate control systems, packing machines etc.
- Refrigerated compressed air dryers and oil removal filters are required
Process air quality is required in production processes, chemical, pharmaceutical and food processes and laboratories.
- Refrigerated compressed air dryers, oil removal filters and oil vapor absorbers may be required
- For outdoor lines in cold climates low dew point desiccant dryers and particulate filters may be required
Breathing air quality is required in hospital air systems, for diving and cleaning of breathing equipment.
- Aftercoolers, coarse pre-filters, and auto draining water traps are required
- Suitable in-line sorbent beds and filters are required
- en: compressed air quality