Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Yearly power cost for operating an air compressor.
The yearly power costs for operating an air compressor can be calculated
C = Pbhp 0.746 ckWh hyear / μ (1)
C = total power costs per year (USD - or actual currency)
Pbhp = compressor power (bhp)
ckWh = cost per kWh (USD - or actual currency)
hyear = operating hours per year (h)
μ = motor efficiency
Power costs count for typical 60-70%, fixed costs counts for typical 10-20% and other costs counts typical for 15-25% of the total operating costs.
- Air, LNG, LPG and other common gas properties, pipeline capacities, sizing of relief valves.
- Actual air compressor capacity (ACFM) vs. standard air capacity (SCFM) and inlet air capacity (ICFM).
- Pressure drop in compressed air pipelines with applied pressure 50, 100 and 150 psi.
- Compressed air is used for power tools, instrumentation, processing, breathing and medical purposes.
- Reciprocating, rotary screw and rotary centrifugal air compressors.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2005). Air Compressor - Power Cost per Year. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/compressed-air-power-costs-d_1013.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.