Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Tank volume per foot depth.
Rectangular Tanks - Volumes
|Tank Dimension |
(ft x ft)
(U.S. gallons per foot of depth)
|2 x 2 ||29.9 |
|2 x 3 ||44.9 |
|2 x 4 ||59.9 |
|2 x 5 ||74.8 |
|3 x 3 ||67.3 |
|3 x 4 ||89.8 |
|3 x 5 ||112 |
|4 x 4 ||120 |
|4 x 5 ||150 |
|5 x 5 ||187 |
- 1 ft = 0.3048 m
- 1 Gallon (U.S.) = 3.785 liter = 3.785x10-3 m3
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Volume of partly filled horizontal or sloped cylindrical tanks or pipes - online calculator.
- Volume in US gallons and liters.
- Fuel oil storage tanks dimensions.
- Due to evaporation the heat loss from an open water tank like a swimming pool may be considerable.
- Required hot water expansion volume in open, closed and diaphragm tanks.
- Dimensions and capacities of hot-water storage tanks.
- Heat loss from insulated and uninsulated, sheltered and exposed heated oil tanks.
- Heat loss from lagged and unlagged, sheltered and exposed oil tanks.
- The volume and surface of solids like rectangular prism, cylinders, pyramids, cones and spheres - online calculator.
- Convert between common volume units like cubic metre, cubic feet, cubic inches and more.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Rectangular Tanks - Volumes. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/rectangular-tank-volume-d_1703.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.