Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Typical weights of mild steel square bars.
Weight of mild steel square bars can be calculated as
W = 0.00785 s2 (1)
W = weight (kg/m)
s = square bar side (mm)
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Typical cross sections and their Area Moment of Inertia.
- Calculate buckling of columns.
- Weight of round bars.
- Typically weight of mild steel flats.
- Size & weight of steel plates - Imperial and Metric units.
- Steel wool grades vs. fiber thickness.
- Gauge and weight chart for sheet steel, galvanized steel, stainless steel, aluminum and strip & tubing.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2011). Mild Steel - Square Bars Weight. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/mild-steel-square-bars-d_1796.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.