Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
ANSI/SO, DIN and JIS bolts.
ANSI/ISO, DIN and JIS metric bolt head and wrench sizes:
- ANSI B220.127.116.11M Metric Heavy Hex Flange Screws
- ISO 4228 Spanners and wrenches -- Spline drive ends for power socket wrenches
- ISO 724 - Metric Threads
An Allen key, Allen wrench or hex key is a tool used to drive bolts and screws with hexagonal sockets in their heads.
- Bolts, nuts and threaded rods - torque, tension and loads.
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Tensile stress and Hooke's Law.
- Hardwood and softwood drill speed chart.
- Distances between corners for hexagons and squares.
- Dimensions of metric threads according ISO 724.
- Minimum ultimate tensile and proof loads for metric bolts with coarse or fine threads.
- Recommended thightening torque metric bolts.
- Metric steel bolts, screws and studs - proof and tensile strength.
- Recommended clearance holes and drill tap sizes.
- Lubrication effect on bolt tension and torque.
- Metric versus Imperial equivalent screw dimensions.
- ASTM steel bolts - proof and tensile strength.
- SAE steel bolts - grades ranging grade 1 to 8.2 - proof and tensile strength.
- Standard metric T-slots and T-nuts.
- Threaded bolts tensile stress area.
- ANSI/ASME B1.1 Unified National Thread - UNC Coarse series and UNF Fine series.
- Hex Bolt, Lag Bolt, Square Bolt and Heavy Hex Bolt.
- ANSI/ASME B18.2.1 Dimensions of Hex Bolts - Imperial units.
- ANSI/ASME B18.2.3M Dimensions of Hex Bolts - Metric units.
- Machine screw diameters.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2009). Metric Bolt Heads and Wrench Sizes. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/metric-bolt-head-wrench-size-d_1458.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.