Dimensions of plastic pipes according ISO 11922 - metric and imperial units
ISO 11922 specifies tolerance grades for the outside diameter, out-of-roundness and wall thickness of thermoplastics pipes for the conveyance of fluids.
Outside Diameters Metric Series
|Nominal Outside Diameter (mm)|
Outside Diameter Tolerances
- Grade A: For all nominal outside diameters, the tolerance equals O,009dn, rounded up to the nearest 0.1 mm with a minimum value of 0,3 mm and a maximum value of 10.0 mm.
- Grade B: For all nominal outside diameters, the tolerance equals O,006dn, rounded up to the nearest 0.1 mm with a minimum value of 0.3 mm and a maximum value of 4,0 mm.
- Grade C: For all nominal outside diameters, the tolerance equals O,003dn, rounded up to the nearest 0.1 mm, with a minimum value of 0.3 mm and a maximum value of 20 mm.
- Grade D: For nominal outside diameters from 10 to 1000 mm, the tolerances have been based on practical experience where tighter tolerances than those specified for grade C are required.
- Grade E: Practical experience and test data have demonstrated that, for certain types of joint for which grade B tolerances may generally be applicable, e.g. socket fusion joints in PE pipe systems, the calculated tolerances for nominal outside diameters of 110, 125 and 140 are too great and may lead to premature joint failure. Therefore, for such applications, grade E tolerances have been established.
Outside Diameters Inch-based Series
|Mean External Diameter|
- en: iso 11922 thermoplastic pipes dimensions