Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Centrifugal pumps and maximum shut-off head.
The maximum "shut-off" head for a centrifugal pump can be estimated as
hs = (d n / 1840)2 (1)
h = head (feet)
d = outside diameter impeller (inches)
n = wheel velocity - revolution per minute - (rpm)
- Piping systems and pumps - centrifugal pumps, displacement pumps - cavitation, viscosity, head and pressure, power consumption and more.
- International centrifugal pump design and dimension standards.
- An introduction to Centrifugal Pumps.
- Minimum continuous flow to prevent flashing in centrifugal pumps.
- The characteristic speed torque curves for centrifugal pumps.
- Hydrodynamic losses through pumps depends on fluid viscosities.
- Calculate pumps hydraulic and shaft power.
- Turbo machines affinity laws can be used to calculate volume capacity, head or power consumption in centrifugal pumps when changing speed or wheel diameters.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Centrifugal Pumps - Shut-Off Head. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/centrifugal-pumps-maximum-shut-off-head-d_1597.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.