Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Maximum wire lengths vs. currents in the 12 volt electrical system of a car.
Current loads and maximum wire lengths in 12V electric systems are indicated in the diagrams below.
print 12V Automotive Electric Wiring Chart
Current load - amps - and maximum wire length is based on maximum 0.5 volt voltage drop over the length of the wire.
- Electrical units, amps and electrical wiring, wire gauge and AWG, electrical formulas and motors.
- Maximum length of copper wire with 2% voltage drop.
- American Wire Gauge (AWG) vs. cross sectional area converter.
- Calculate and compare the costs between owning a new vs. an old car.
- Electric resistance in wire made of Copper, Aluminum, Brass, Constantan, Nichrome, Platinum, Silver or Tungsten.
- EV Charging - AC vs. DC, single phase vs. three phase and power vs. voltage and amps.
- Cylinder volume and compression ratios in piston engines.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2009). 12 Volt - Electric Automotive Wiring. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/automotive-12-volts-wiring-d_1546.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.