The most important world wide steel pipe standardization organizations
Piping codes and standards are issued from various standardization organizations:
- AFNOR-French Norms
- ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ASTM - American Society for Testing and Materials
- BS-British Standards
- SCC-Canadian Norms
- DIN- German Norms
- EN - Euronorm
- GOST - Russian Norms
- ISO - International Organization for Standardization
- JIS - Japanese Standards
- NACE - The Corrosion Society
- SASO - Saudi Arabian Standards Organization
- UNI- Italian Standards
In general the organizations have committees with representatives from the industry, manufacturers, professional groups, users, government agencies, insurance companies etc.
The committees are responsible for maintaining, updating and reviewing the codes and revisions are published regularly.
Note! In general it is important that piping professionals stay informed with the latest revisions.