DOWTHERM™ A from The Dow Chemical Company is a heat transfer fluid suitable for non-pressurized liquid phase systems with a maximum temperature of 550°F (288°C).
DOWTHERM™ A is a eutectic mixture of two very stable compounds
- biphenyl - C12H10
- diphenyl oxide - C12H10O
with practically the same vapor pressures - suitable as a indirect heat transfer fluid for
- liquid phase systems - 15oC to 400oC (60oF to 750oF)
- vapor phase systems - 257oC to 400oC (495oF to 750oF)
- freeze point - 12oC (56.6oF)
- boiling point (atmospheric) - 257oC (494.8oF)
- flash point (SETA) - 113oC (236oF)
- Fire point (C.O.C) - 118oC (245oF)
- autoignition temperature - 599oC (1110oF)
- density (25oC, 75oF) - 1056 kg/m3 (66 lb/ft3)
Dowtherm A - Saturated Liquid Properties Chart
Vapor Pressure, Viscosity, Specific Heat, Thermal Conductivity and Density are indicated in the chart below:
Heating systems - capacity and design of boilers, pipelines, heat exchangers, expansion systems and more.
Work, heat and energy systems.
Ethylene Glycol Heat-Transfer Fluid Properties
Properties like freezing point, viscosity, specific gravity and specific heat of ethylene glycol based heat-transfer fluids, or brines.