Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Temperature points that can be used as a reference for calibration
Temperature defining points of the International Practical Temperature Scale of 1990 (ITS90):
Fixed Temperature Points
|Triple point of hydrogen ||13.8033 |
|Triple point of neon ||24.5561 |
|Triple point of oxygen ||54.3584 |
|Triple point of argon ||83.8058 |
|Triple point of mercury ||234.3156 |
|Triple point of water ||273.16 |
|Melting point of gallium ||302.9146 |
|Freezing point of indium ||429.7485 |
|Freezing point of tin ||505.078 |
|Freezing point of zinc ||692.677 |
|Freezing point of aluminum ||933.573 |
|Freezing point of silver ||1234.93 |
|Freezing point of gold ||1337.33 |
|Freezing point of copper ||1357.77 |
- Measurment of temperature - probes, sensors and transmitters.
- Dry Bulb, Wet Bulb and Dew Point temperatures can be used to determine the state of humid air.
- Recommended indoor temperatures in summer or winter.
- Outdoor summer and winter design temperatures and relative humidity for US states and cities.
- Pt100 electrical resistance temperature sensor - ranging -220 to 750 degrees Celsius.
- Stress and force when thermal expansion a pipe, beam or similar is restricted.
- Thermal resistive sensor - a basic introduction.
- RTD vs. thermocouples temperature sensors.
- Introduction to temperature - including Celsius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin and Rankine definitions - and an online temperature converter.
- Comparing advantages and disadvantages of thermocouples, RTDs and thermistors temperature sensors.
- An introduction to the frequently used temperature transducers - the thermocouple.
- Thermocouples - types, principles and temperature ranges.
- Common types of trusses.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2020). Fixed Temperature Points. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/temperature-fixed-reference-points-d_2187.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.