Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
- search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox!
Vessel and cargo capacities
Internal Capacity of a Vessel
- 1 register ton = 100 cubic feet
Measurement of Cargo
- 40 cubic feet = 32.143 U.S. bushels = 31.16 Imperial bushels
bulk weights less than 2000 pounds
- approximately 40 cubic feet of merchandise considered as a shipping ton
bulk weights more than 2000 pounds
- freight charge based on weight
- en: shipping measure vessel cargo
Translate this page to
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. Only emails and answers are saved in our archive. Cookies are only used in the browser to improve user experience.
Some of our calculators and applications let you save application data to your local computer. These applications will - due to browser restrictions - send data between your browser and our server. We don't save this data.
This page can be cited as
- Engineering ToolBox, (2010). Shipping Measuring Units. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/shipping-measure-vessel-cargo-d_1603.html [Accessed Day Mo. Year].
Modify access date.
Scientific Online Calculator
6 11 .