- Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Vessel and cargo capacities.
Internal Capacity of a Vessel
- 1 register ton = 100 cubic feet
Measurement of Cargo
- 40 cubic feet = 32.143 U.S. bushels = 31.16 Imperial bushels
bulk weights less than 2000 pounds
- approximately 40 cubic feet of merchandise considered as a shipping ton
bulk weights more than 2000 pounds
- freight charge based on weight
Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
Friction, load and effort forces acting in ropes turned around bollards.
Stability - the center of gravity vs. the center of buoyancy.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Shipping Measuring Units. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/shipping-measure-vessel-cargo-d_1603.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.