Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Letter and digit codes to indicating resistor values.
Values of resistors can be indicated with letters and digit codes:
Resistors - Letters and Digit Codes
|0.47 Ω ||R47 |
|1 Ω ||1R0 |
|4.7 Ω ||4R7 |
|47 Ω ||47R |
|100 Ω ||100R |
|1 kΩ ||1K0 |
|1 MΩ ||1M |
Tolerance is indicated as
F = +- 1%
G = +- 2%
J = +- 5%
K = +- 10%
M = +- 20%
Example - Resistor with letter and digit code
4R7K = 4.7 Ω +- 10%
- Electrical units, amps and electrical wiring, wire gauge and AWG, electrical formulas and motors.
- Resistance, voltage and current in electrical parallel circuits.
- Resistors in parallel and serial connections.
- Color codes for fixed resistors - values and tolerances - online calculator.
- Preferred number series for resistors.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Resistors - Letters and Digit Codes . [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/resistors-value-letter-digit-code-d_1656.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.