Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Galvanic series of metals in seawater.
Galvanic series in seawater at 25oC (77oF) are indicated below with the most noble at top.
- Chlorimet 3 (62 Ni + 18 Cr + 18 Mo)
- HASTELLOY®; alloy C (62Ni + 17 Cr + 15 Mo)
- INCONEL® alloy 625
- INCONEL® alloy 825
- Stainless steel, type 316 (passive)
- Stainless steel, type 304 (passive)
- Stainless steel, type 410 (passive)
- Monel alloy 400
- INCONEL® alloy 600 (passive)
- Nickel 200 (passive)
- Copper alloy C71500 (Cu 30% Ni)
- Copper alloy C23000 (red brass 85% Cu)
- Copper alloy C27000 (yellow brass 65% Cu)
- HASTELLOY® alloy B
- INCONEL® alloy 600 (active)
- Nickel 200 (active)
- Copper alloy C46400
- Copper alloy C46500
- Copper alloy C46600
- Copper alloy C46700 (naval brass)
- Lead-Tin solders
- Hastelloy A
- Stainless steel, type 316 (active)
- Stainless steel, type 304 (active)
- 50 - 50 lead tin solder
- Stainless steel, type 410 (active)
- Cast iron
- Wrought iron
- Low carbon steel
- Aluminum alloy 2117
- Aluminum alloy 2017
- Aluminum alloy 2024
- Aluminum alloy 5052
- Aluminum alloy 3004
- Aluminum alloy 3003
- Aluminum alloy 1100
- Aluminum alloy 6053
- Galvanized steel
- Magnesium alloys
- Corrosion in piping systems caused by thermodynamic and electrochemical processes - corrosion problems and methods of protection and prevention.
- Material properties of gases, fluids and solids - densities, specific heats, viscosities and more.
- Make-up water to steam boilers should be treated with oxygen scavengers to avoid serious corrosion problems.
- Introduction to electro chemical series and corrosion of metals.
- Commonly used terms related corrosion.
- Common metals and their corrosion resistance to aggressive fluids like acids, bases and more.
- A corrosion protection tutorial for piping systems.
- Connecting pipes of different materials may cause galvanic corrosion and serious damage.
- Salinity - salt content - of fresh, brackish and sea water.
- Seawater properties like density, saturation pressure, specific heat, electrical conductivity and absolute viscosity.
- Corrosion resistanse of AISI stainless steels in various environments.
- The influence of oxygen concentration and temperature on the corrosion of steel pipes.
- Uniform, pitting, galvanic, crevice, concentration cell and graphitic types of corrosion.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2009). Metals in Seawater - Galvanic Series. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/metals-galvanic-series-seawater-d_1495.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.