Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
- search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox!
Estimated infiltration heat loss from buildings
Estimated heat loss from
- Offices, apartments, hotels ...
- Entrance halls, vestibules ...
- Industrial buildings ...
- Houses ..
- Public buildings ..
Infiltration rates through various Types of Wall Constructions
|Infiltration Rates (cu.ft per foot of crack per hr.)|
|Wall Type||Wind Velocity (mph)|
|Frame Wall with lath and plaster or wallboard ||0.03 ||0.07 ||0.13 ||0.18 ||0.23 ||0.26 |
|Brick Wall, 8 1/2" plain ||2 ||4 ||8 ||12 ||19 ||23 |
|Brick Wall, 8 1/2" plain with plaster or wallboard ||0.02 ||0.04 ||0.07 ||0.11 ||0.16 ||0.24 |
|Brick Wall, 13" plain ||1 ||4 ||7 ||12 ||16 ||21 |
|Brick Wall, 13" plain with plaster or wallboard ||0.01 ||0.01 ||0.03 ||0.04 ||0.07 ||0.10 |
- en: infiltration heat loss building
Translate this page to
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. Only emails and answers are saved in our archive. Cookies are only used in the browser to improve user experience.
Some of our calculators and applications let you save application data to your local computer. These applications will - due to browser restrictions - send data between your browser and our server. We don't save this data.
This page can be cited as
- Engineering ToolBox, (2010). Infiltration - Heat Loss from Buildings. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/infiltration-heat-loss-building-d_1579.html [Accessed Day Mo. Year].
Modify access date.
Scientific Online Calculator
6 11 .