Volume flow from horizontal pipes
Discharge volume and maximum length for horizontal pipes.
- 1 gal (US)/min =6.30888x10-5 m3/s = 0.227 m3/h = 0.06309 dm3(litre)/s = 2.228x10-3 ft3/s = 0.1337 ft3/min = 0.8327 Imperial gal (UK)/min
- 1 in (inch) = 25.4 mm = 2.54 cm = 0.0254 m = 0.08333 ft
Example - Horizontal Pipe and Length of Water Discharge
If 100 gpm water is discharged from a 2 1/2" horizontal pipe
- the discharge length can be estimated from the chart above to approximately 13 inches.
Example - Estimating Volume Flow with Discharge Length
The volume flow from a pipe can be estimated by measuring the horizontal length of the discharging flow.
If the discharge length from a 2 1/2" horizontal pipe is measured to 13 inches
- the volume flow discharged can be estimated to approximately 100 gpm.
- en: horizontal pipe discharge volume flow height length gpm