Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Fuels and their boiling points.
The boiling point of a substance is the temperature at which it can change state from a liquid to a gas throughout the bulk of the liquid.
The boiling point is defined as the temperature at which the saturated vapor pressure of a liquid is equal to the surrounding atmospheric pressure.
Some fuels and their boiling points at atmospheric pressure:
- Boiling points of elements, products and chemical species at varying conditions.
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Recommended max flow velocity on the delivery (pressure) side when pumping boiling liquids.
- Exhaust and outlet temperatures fuels like natural gas, liquefied petroleum, diesel and more.
- Combustion air and flue gas for common fuels - coke, oil, wood, natural gas and more.
- Densities and specific volumes fuels like anthracite, butane, gasoil, diesel, coke, oil, wood and more.
- Higher and lower calorific values (heating values) for fuels like coke, oil, wood, hydrogen and others.
- Autoignition points for fuels and chemicals like butane, coke, hydrogen, petroleum and more.
- Density, specific heat, dynamic and kinematic viscosity and thermal conductivity of gasoline vs. temperature
- Boiling temperatures (°C and °F) with varying carbon numbers up to C33.
- Boiling temperatures for common liquids and gases - acetone, butane, propane and more.
- Liquefied Petroleum - LP - gas properties.
- Stable and efficient combustion requires correct mixture of fuels and oxygen.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2005). Fuels - Boiling Points. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fuels-boiling-point-d_936.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.