Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Minimum area in a boiler room.
The required area and volume of a boiler room is influenced by the combustion technology used - where combustion and handling of coal requires a lot more space than combustion of gas or oil.
The diagram below can be used to indicate the minimum space required for boilers combustion oil.
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Combustion gross and net calorific value.
- Classification of boilers according the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- Optimizing boilers efficiency is important to minimize fuel consumption and unwanted excess to the environment.
- Efficiency reduction due to intermittent boiler operation.
- Stable and efficient combustion requires correct mixture of fuels and oxygen.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2008). Boiler Rooms - Sizing. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/boiler-room-size-d_1134.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.