Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Classification of boilers according the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
According the "ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code" boilers may be classified as
Section I Power Boilers - process boilers, power boilers and high pressure boilers
- boilers in which steam or other vapor is generated at a pressures exceeding 15 psig
- high temperature water boilers intended for operation at pressures exceeding 160 psig and or temperatures exceeding 250 degrees F
Section IV Heating Boilers - commercial boilers, industrial boilers, heating boilers, low pressure boilers
- boilers in which steam or other vapor is generated at a pressures not exceeding 15 psig
- high temperature water boilers intended for operation at pressures not exceeding 160 psig and or temperatures exceeding 250 degrees F
- Heating systems - capacity and design of boilers, pipelines, heat exchangers, expansion systems and more.
- Steam & condensate systems- properties, capacities, pipe sizing, systems configuration and more.
- The International Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code safety rules governing design, fabrication, and inspection of boilers and pressure vessels, and nuclear power plant components during construction.
- Combustion gross and net calorific value.
- Suspended solids in the feed water will remain in the boiler when steam is generated.
- Calculate boiler blowdown rate.
- Boiler horsepower vs. heat transfer area.
- Minimum area in a boiler room.
- Typical furnace combustion efficiencies in fireplaces, space heaters, boilers and more.
- Sizing safety valves according boiler output power in high pressure systems (kW and Btu/hr)
- Efficiency reduction due to intermittent boiler operation.
- Boiler output vs. feed water temperature.
- Calculate the stress in steam boiler shells caused by steam pressure.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2005). Boilers - Classification. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/boiler-class-d_907.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.