- Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Convert between different biomass energy units.
Converting values for biomass energy units:
- 1 metric tonne bone dry wood fuel = 18 GJ = 5 MWh = 500 litres oil = 500 m3 natural gas
- 1 tonne air-dry wood fuel = 3 MWh = 11 GJ
- 1 cubic metre of wood chip = about 1.0 MWh = 3.6 GJ
- 1 barrel of oil = 6.1 GJ = 1.7 MWh, = 1.7 m3 wood chip = 0.5 m3 solid bone-dry wood
- 1 m3 solid bone-dry wood = 0.68 tonnes
Climate, meteorology, sun, wind and environmental related engineering resources.
Some biomass fuels and their higher heating values (HHV).
Combustion of biomasses and their emission.
Heating fuels and their energy content.
Heat vs. work vs. energy.
Combustion heat values for wet and dry wood - Btu/pounds, kJ/kg and kcal/kg.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
The Engineering ToolBox (2007). Biomass Energy Units. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/bio-mass-energy-d_1183.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.