Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Combustion of biomasses and their emission.
Typical uncontrolled emissions from combustion of biomass in boilers
- Particulates : 12.5 - 15 kg per ton biomass
- Organic compounds : 1 kg per ton biomass
- Sulfur dioxide : < 1.5 kg per ton biomass
- Nitrogen oxides : 5 kg per ton biomass
- Carbon monoxide : 1 kg per ton biomass
In addition there are ashes to dispose. Particulates are typically removed 99% in industrial boilers.
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Convert between different biomass energy units.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2008). Emissions from Biomass Combustion . [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/biomass-combustion-emission-d_1360.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.