Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Apothecaries' fluid and weight system with ounces, drachms, grains, scruples and more.
Apothecaries' Fluid Measure
- 1 U.S. fluid ounce = 8 drachms = 1.805 cubic inch = 1/128 U. S. gallon
- 1 fluid drachm = 60 minims
- 1 British fluid ounce = 1.732 cubic inch
- 1 pound = 12 ounces = 5760 grains
- 1 ounce = 8 drachms = 480 grains
- 1 drachm = 3 scruples = 60 grains
- 1 scruple = 20 grains
- Engineering related topics like Beaufort Wind Scale, CE-marking, drawing standards and more.
- Mass vs. weight - the Gravity Force.
- ppm - or parts per million - is commonly used as a unit of concentration.
- An introduction to the SI metric system.
- Explanation of symbols used as subscripts or superscripts to tell more about the type of chemical reaction, process or condition.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Apothecaries' Weight System. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/apothecaries-fluid-weight-measure-d_1604.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.