Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Operating temperatures for typical categories of valves - ball valves, butterfly valves and more.
Typical operating temperatures for some common types of valves:
Valves - Typical Operating Temperatures
|Ball ||-55 ||-65 ||300 ||575 |
|Butterfly ||-30 ||-20 ||538 ||1000 |
|Butterfly Neck ||-18 ||0 ||260 ||500 |
|Gate ||-272 ||-455 ||675 ||1250 |
|Globe ||-272 ||-455 ||540 ||1000 |
|Plug Lubricated ||-40 ||-40 ||315 ||600 |
|Plug non lubricated ||-75 ||-100 ||220 ||425 |
|Swing Check ||-18 ||0 ||540 ||1200 |
|Swing Check Y-type ||-18 ||0 ||540 ||1200 |
|Lift Check ||-18 ||0 ||540 ||1200 |
|Tilting disc ||-260 ||-450 ||590 ||1100 |
|Diaphragm ||-50 ||-60 ||230 ||450 |
|Y Oblique ||-272 ||-455 ||540 ||1000 |
|Slide ||-18 ||0 ||650 ||1200 |
|Pinch ||-75 ||-100 ||260 ||300 |
|Needle ||-78 ||-100 ||260 ||500 |
- Control Valve terminology, bodies, trim, flow characteristics, Cv and Kv sizing, noise, actuators and positioners
- Dimensions of pipes and tubes, materials and capacities, pressure drop calculations and charts, insulation and heat loss diagrams.
- An overview of the American Petroleum Institute - API - valve standards.
- Temperature and pressure ratings for valves according API 6D.
- An overview of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers - ASME - valve standards.
- An overview of ASTM International - American Society for Testing and Materials - valve standards.
- Pressure and temperature ratings for cast carbon steel valves.
- Cavitation occurs in fluid flow systems where the local static pressures are below the fluids vapor pressure.
- How to add flow coefficients for control valves in series or parallel.
- Control valves and cavitation, application ratio and multi stage control valves.
- Flow capacities vs. stem opening.
- Seat leakage classification through control valves.
- An overview of ISO - International Organization for Standardization - valve standards.
- Calculate flow coefficients for the design of control valves - Imperial units.
- US valve abbreviations commonly used in drawings and documentation.
- The valve authority expresses the ratio between pressure drop across the control valve compared to total pressure drop across the whole system.
- Categories of valves.
- Types of valves and their typical operating sizes.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2003). Valves - Typical Operating Temperatures. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/valves-operating-temperatures-d_222.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.