Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
- search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox!
Commonly used plastic abbreviations
- ABS - Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene
- CPE - Chlorinated polyethylene
- CPVC - Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride
- EPDM - Ethylene propylene di-monomer
- EPS - Expanded polystyrene
- ETFE - Ethyl tetra fluoro ethylene
- EVA - Ethylene vinyl acetate
- GRP - Glass-reinforced polyester, Fibreglass
- HDPE - High density polyethylene
- HIPS - High impact polystyrene
- LDPE - Low density polyethylene
- MF - Melamine-formaldehyde
- PA - Polyamide, Nylon
- PB - Polybutylene
- PC - Polycarbonate
- PE - Polyethylene
- PF - Phenol-formaledehyde, Bakelite
- PMMA - Polymethyl methacrylate, Perspex
- PP - Polypropylene
- PS - Polystyrene
- PTFE - Polytetrafluoroethylene
- PU - Polyurethane
- PVA - Polyvinyl acetate, latex emulsion
- PVC - polyvinyl chloride
- PVB - Polyvinyl butyral
- PVF - Polyvinyl fluoride
- UF - Urea-formaldehyde
- UP - Unsaturated polyester
- UPVC - Unplasticised polyvinyl chloride
- en: Plastics Abbreviations
Translate this page to
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. Only emails and answers are saved in our archive. Cookies are only used in the browser to improve user experience.
Some of our calculators and applications let you save application data to your local computer. These applications will - due to browser restrictions - send data between your browser and our server. We don't save this data.
This page can be cited as
- Engineering ToolBox, (2011). Plastics - Abbreviations. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/plastics-abbreviations-d_1778.html [Accessed Day Mo. Year].
Modify access date.
Scientific Online Calculator
6 25 .