Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Comparing different types of hydraulic pumps and their maximum pressures and flow.
|Type of Pump||Maximum Pressure|
|Centrifugal ||20 ||3000 || |
|Gear ||175 ||300 ||Positive displacement |
|Vane ||175 ||500 ||Positive and variable displacement |
|Axial Piston - port-plate ||300 ||500 ||Positive and variable displacement |
|Axial Piston - valved ||700 ||650 ||Positive and variable displacement |
|In-line Piston ||1000 ||100 ||Positive and variable displacement |
- 1 bar = 1x105 Pa = 14.5 psi
- 1 l/s = 2.1 cfm = 15.9 gal (US)/min
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems - fluids, forces, pumps and pistons.
- BEP is where the pump is most efficient.
- Motor size vs. flow rate, shaft torque, shaft power and hydraulic power.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Comparing Hydraulic Pumps. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/hydraulic-pumps-types-pressure-flow-d_1627.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.