Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Online fuels energy equivalents calculator for oil, gas and more.
The calculator below can used to convert between some common fuel energy equivalents:
- Standard reference fuels are statistical units of a defined gross heat content
- Natural gas equivalents assume 1000 Btu/ft3 gross - or 9400 kcal/Nm3 or 39.4 MJ/Nm3
Download and print Fuel Energy Equivalents chart
Example - Convert from Btu to Natural gas nm3
The equivalent of 100 Btu energy can be approximated to 0.0025 nm3 of natural gas as indicated in the chart below.
- The SI-system, unit converters, physical constants, drawing scales and more.
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Calculate fuel consumption in liter per km - consumption chart and calculator.
- Combustion values in Btu/gal for fuel oils No.1 to No.6.
- Convert between fuel equivalents.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2004). Fuel Equivalents - Online Calculator. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fuels-equivalents-calculator-d_814.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.